Primary Care and Interventional Sports Medicine
Meet the Division of Primary Care and Interventional and Sports Medicine at UNC Orthopaedics. We are a unique team of providers all board certified in Sports Medicine with additional expertise in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine. Our providers provide top notch care for every type of athlete. This encompasses everyone from the child playing their first game to professional athletes in all variety of sports. We embrace caring for our community and helping to make NC a healthier place. As a team we do not just focus on orthopaedic conditions but also care for a wide variety of other sports related conditions such as cardiac, pulmonary, hematologic, and more.
We are experts in the use of musculoskeletal ultrasound and with this provide innumerable different injections and other minimally invasive procedures to our patients. This allows us to perform complex innovative procedures with more accuracy and less pain. We are innovative in the way we approach the care of every patient and aspire to provide the highest quality, most cutting edge, compassionate care possible.
Our providers are active educating the learners of tomorrow; teaching students, residents and fellows in the classroom and at the bedside. We are researchers whose interests and projects span from the basic science lab to the clinic and out onto the field.
Some of our Services:
- Comprehensive care for all musculoskeletal problems with the exception of spine care that we send to our world class spine center
- Non-surgical arthritis treatment options
- State of the art Tendon Treatment Program
- Sports Medicine care that includes cardiac, pulmonary, female athlete triad, endocrine, hematologic, sports hernia and other non-orthopedics issues related to athletes.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound - both diagnostic and procedural
- Biologics (PRP, fat grafting, and other innovative regenerative medicine)
- Partial percutaneous tenotomy using minimally invasive devices like Tenex
- Cutting edge Ultrasound guided procedures including nerve, tendon, ligament and joint innovations.
Our Nonoperative Sports Medicine Specialist(s)
Jillian E Sylvester, MD, CAQSM, FAAFPNonoperative Sports MedicineView Profile
David J. Berkoff, MDNonoperative Sports MedicineView Profile
Joshua N. Berkowitz, MDNonoperative Sports MedicineView Profile
Michael K. Seifert, MDNonoperative Sports MedicineView Profile
Greg SummervilleNonoperative Sports MedicineView Profile
Jacqueline Myers, FNPNonoperative Sports MedicineView Profile