I have experience as a team physician for high school, college and NBA Development League teams, and I have provided sideline care to athletes at sporting events including multiple team sports, marathons, triathlons and trail running events. I am also interested in the education of our future physicians to improve their diagnostic and procedure skills in caring for muscle, joint and bone injuries. I am excited at the expanded research opportunities at UNC. I am a life-long soccer player, occasional coach and avid fan. I still play and may see you on the field. I moved here from Florida with my lovely wife and three amazing sons.
- University of South Florida
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
- Area: Internal Medicine
- Maine Medical Center
- Area: Primary Care Sports Medicine
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
- University of Florida
- Area: Computer Science Engineering
- Certificate of Added Qualification-Sports Medicine, Board Certified, 2017
- Internal Medicine, Board Certified, 2016
- Treating musculoskeletal conditions with traditional and novel therapies.
- Helping people achieve and maintain their personal activity and fitness goals.
- Working with athletes of all ages, interests and ability levels.
- Using musculoskeletal ultrasound and minimally invasive procedures to improve care.
- Providing medical coverage at sporting events.
- 2020 – present Assistant Professor, Departments of Orthopaedics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Orlando’s Elite Doctors. Orlando Style Magazine, July 2018
- Trainee Quality Improvement Project, 3rd Place. Maine Medical Center Research Award
- “Exercise Associated Hyponatremia.” Seifert M, Dexter W. 5 Minute Sports Medicine Consult, 3rd Edition. 2018.
- “The Risks of NSAIDs,” Seifert M. News Run, Maine Track Club. December, 2016.
- Siedenberg P, Pitzer M, Seifert M. Chapter 6: Adult Hip and Pelvis Disorders. In: The Hip and Pelvis in Sports Medicine and Primary Care, 2nd Edition. Seidenberg P, Bowen J, King D, ed. Springer Internal Publishing. 2016
- “Joint Injection Teaching of Internal Medicine Residents. ” Seifert, M; Bouchard, M; Dexter, W. Sports Fellowship Research Posters. 2017 ACSM National Meeting, Denver, CO. June 2017
- “A Collapse that Led to Shoulder Pain” Seifert, M; Bigosinski, K; Gillespie, H. 2017 ACSM National Meeting, Denver, CO. May 2017
- “From the ICE to the ICU.” Seifert M, Bigosinski, K; 2017 AMSSM National Meeting, San Diego, CA. April 2017
- “Wow, That is Hot.” Seifert, M. 2016 New England ACSM Regional Meeting, Providence, RI. October 2016
- “Does a Dedicated Joint Injection Teaching Session Improve Internal Medicine Resident Confidence in Performing Joint Injections?” Seifert, M and Pitzer, M. 2016 AMSSM National Meeting, Dallas, TX. April 2016
- “An Uncommon Cause of ACL Injury.” Seifert, M; Reece, S; and Herring, M. 2016 AMSSM National Meeting, Dallas, TX. April 2016