- 01/2016 - 12/2017
University of North Carolina (UNC) Physician Assistant Program
Chapel Hill, NC
M.S., Physician Assistant
- 07/2013 - 05/2015
Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC
Bachelor of Health Sciences
JFK Special Warfare Center & School, Ft. Bragg, NC
Special Operations Combat Medical Course & Special Forces Medical Sergeant Course
- 08/2004 - 12/2004
U.S. Army Academy of Health Sciences, Ft. Sam Houston, TX
Healthcare Specialist Course
- 2017 - Recipient
Bruce A. Cairns UNC Physician Assistant Outstanding Values Award
Given to one UNC PA student in inaugural class who, in the opinion of the faculty, best embodies the values of the PA program and the qualities of those who strive to serve our nation and the world
- 2017 - Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Physician Assistant Scholarship
- 2016 - Kenan Physician Assistant Program Educational Enhancement Fund Scholarship
- 2007 - Army Commendation MedalAwarded for performance as combat medic during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- 2006 - Army Achievement MedalAwarded for life saving actions taken as combat medic during combat deployment.
EmergeOrtho, PA, Roxboro NC
- Perform History and Physical Exams
- Write treatment plans
- Perform and interpret diagnostic tests
- Seep postoperative follow up patients
- Provide education on a patient's conditions, preoperative, operative, and postoperative course
- Perform intra-articular corticosteroid joint injections, soft tissue injections, and joint aspirations
- First assist in surgery
- Form and apply splints and casts
- Treat musculoskeletal pain disorders through physocal therapy, medications, injections, referral for surgical intervention, and referral for pain management
- 04/2004 - 07/2013
U.S. Army, Fort Bragg NC
Primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment, limited primary and preventative care, and evacuation from point of injury; successfully cared for more than 400 critical trauma, and 2,500 routine patients while assigned to emergency department during twelve month deployment to Iraq; accountable for more than $2 million in sectional medical equipment and supplies with zero losses; served as shift leader for 10 bed emergency department, responsible for all medical support staff duties, patient triage and tracking, tarining, and medical supply inventory; performed all hands-on patient care, at the direction of lead physician, as member of trauma team; extensively trained in emergency trauma management from point of injury through healthcare continuum; and, received specialized training in multiple clinical specialties, including orthopedics, radiology, labs, surgery, pediatrics, and anesthesia.
- 03/2014 - 12/2015
Advance Community Health, Apex, NC
- Clinical responsibilities include taking medical histories; collecting and preparing lab specimens; explaining treatment procedures to patients; authorizing prescription refills as directed; and, preparing patients for examination.
- Administrative duties included using EMR; answering telephones; updating and filing patient medical records; coding and filling out insurance forms; scheduling appointments; arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services; and handling correspondence.
- 01/2013 - 12/2015
Personal Trainer/ Wellness Attendant
Durham YCMA, Durham, NC
Measured clients' overall fitness by completing comprehensive evaluations and physician clearances; created individualized personal training records and updates progress after each session; and, counseled clients on nutrition, health, wellness, and injury management.
- Licensed Physician Assistant - North Carolina -- 02/16/2018 - Current
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Board Certified Physician Assistant -- 02/01/2018 - Current
American Heart Association: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
American Heart Association: Healthcare Provider (BLS, CPR, AED)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) -- Jan.2016 - Present
- North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants (NCAPA) -- Jan.2016 - Present
- Triangle Area Physician Assistants (TAPA) -- Jan.2017 - Present