Education and Experience
- Temple University
- Boston University
- Area: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Board Certified, 2010
- Periarticular Fractures
- Pelvis and Acetabular Fractures
- Malunions and Nonunions
- Complex Trauma / Multiple Injured Patients
- 2021 Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
Honors, Awards, and Achievements
- 2019 Distinguished Teacher of the Year Award, University of Massachusetts Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Training Program
- 2014 Distinguished Teacher of the Year Award, University of Massachusetts Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Training Program
- 2012 Distinguished Teacher of the Year Award, University of Massachusetts Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Training Program
- 2007 Marmor Award, Boston University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2007 Resident Research Award, Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2007 Elected to Emerging Leaders Program, American Orthopaedic Association
- 2007 Elected to Boston University Chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Siegel J, Tornetta P. Fracture Pattern Assessment of Tibial Pilon Fractures. Tech Foot Ankle Surg. 2016;15(4):162-168.
- Mullis B, Siegel J. Now That I’m in Charge: What Do I Do? J Orthop Trauma. 2015:29(Suppl11):S12-14.
- Bogdan Y, Tornetta P 3rd, Leighton R, Dahn U, Sagi H, Nalley C, Sanders D, Siegel J, Mullis B, Bemenderfer T, Vallier H, Boyd A, Schmidt A, Westberg J, Egol K, Kottmeier S, Collinge C. Treatment and Complications in Orthopaedic Trauma Patients with Symptomatic Pulmonary Embolism. J Orthop Truama. 2014:28(Suppl1):S6-9.
- Siegel J, Tornetta P, Jacofsky M, Jacofsky D, Jaczynski A, McCamley J, Shrader W. The Effect of Malreduction of the SI Joint on the Stability of Pelvic Internal Fixation in Ligamentous APC3 Injuries.
Podium presentation: OTA, Denver, CO, October 2008.
- Templeman D, Tornetta P, Siegel J. Single Leg Stance Views in the Diagnosis of Pelvic Instability.
Podium presentation, Highlight paper, Speciality Day: AAOS/OTA, San Francisco, CA, March 2008.
see entire list available at PubMed
UNC Orthopaedic Clinic at the Ambulatory Care Center (ACC)
102 Mason Farm Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina - 27514