- Cornell University, 1999 - 2003
- University of California, Los Angeles, 2004 - 2009
- Area: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hospital for Sick Children, 2009 - 2010
- Area: Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Board Certified, 2013
- Hip dysplasia surgery: closed or open hip reductions and pelvic osteotomies (Salter, Pemberton, Dega, Tönnis, Periacetabular, and Staheli shelf osteotomies)
- Neuromuscular hip and lower extremity procedures
- Limb deficiency surgery, including limb reconstruction or conversion amputations
- Lower limb realignment with growth modulation or osteotomies
- Ponseti clubfoot techniques, including casting and surgical procedures
- Limb deficiencies
- Pediatric fracture management
- Hip dysplasia
- Quality of life outcomes
- Stem cell therapies
- 2018 – present Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedics
- 2018 – present Division Chief of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedics
- 2014 – 2018 Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedics
- 2020 UNC Learning Environment Committee Acknowledgement
- 2018 Palestine Children’s Relief Fund Humanitarian Award
- 2009 Shriners Hospitals for Children – Los Angeles Research Award
- 2008 Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society, Jacqueline Perry Research Award
- 2003 HSS Orthopedic Surgery Research Award
- 1995 Phi Betta Kappa
- 1995 First Group Scholar
- 1993 Sigma Xi
- 1992-1995 Dean’s List
- Cuomo AV, Watts HG. Atlas of Amputations and Limb Deficiencies. Krajbich I, ed. American Academy of Orthopedics, 4th ed., in press. The Multiple Limb Deficient Child.
- Cuomo AV. Atlas of Amputations and Limb Deficiencies. Krajbich I, ed. American Academy of Orthopedics, 4th ed., in press. Principles of Pediatric Amputation Surgery.
- Cuomo AV, Watts HG. Global Orthopaedics and Traumatology. Spiegel D, ed. Springer Sciences + Business Media, New York, In Press. Limb Deficiencies.
- Cuomo AV, Bowen R, Otsuka NY. In: Flynn J, ed. Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Flynn J, ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia 2008. Open Tendoachilles Lengthening; pp 1619-1625.
- Cuomo AV, Lieberman JR. In: Musculoskeletal Tissue Regeneration. Pietrzak WS, ed. Humana Press; 2008. The Future of Musculoskeletal Tissue Regeneration: A Clinical Perspective; pp. 619-634.
see entire list available at PubMed
UNC Children’s Specialty Clinic of Raleigh
2801 Blue Ridge Road
Raleigh, North Carolina - 27607
Anna Cuomo, MD